Gas Safety Certificate
Landlord Gas Safety Certificate
As a landlord you should be aware that you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. Your legal duties apply to a wide range of accommodation occupied under a lease or licence, including (but not limited to):
- Residential premises provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, co-operatives, hostels.
- Rooms, let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels.
- Rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways.
- The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 outline the duties of landlords to ensure gas appliances, fittings and chimneys/flues provided for tenants are safe.
If you let a property equipped with gas appliances, you have three main responsibilities:
- pipework, appliances and chimney/flues need to be maintained safely. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the frequency given in the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available, you should ask a Gas Safe registered engineer to service them annually.
- Gas safety checks:
- An annual gas safety check should be carried out on each gas appliance/flue. This will ensure gas appliances and fittings are safe to use. There is a legal requirement on you to have all gas appliances safety checked by a registered engineer annually and you also need to maintain gas pipework and flues in a safe condition. This is UK law.
- A record of the annual gas safety check should be provided to your existing tenants within 28 days of completion, or to new tenants upon the start of their tenancy. If the rental period is less than 28 days at a time you may display a copy of the record in a prominent position within the dwelling. You’ll need to keep copies of the record for at least 2 years.
- Additional info:
- If a tenant has their own gas appliance that you have not provided, you are responsible only for the maintenance of the gas pipework – not the appliance itself. It’s also a good idea to ensure that your tenants know where/how to turn the gas off and what to do in the event of a gas emergency. Last, but certainly not least, make sure anyone carrying out gas work on your property is Gas Safe registered – this is not only the law, but the most important step to ensuring the safety of your tenants.
Commercial Gas Boiler Repair
Repair of leaking and burst pipes, bathroom installation, tap, toilet and sink maintenance, power flushing and kitchen installations.
Central heating installation, repair and service, under floor heating, boiler upgrades, gas systems service and commissioning and gas fire.
Domestic & Commercial
London Boiler Service and Repair
We specialise in all gas related works in your household. Our London Gas Service guarantees safe and swift help for any kind of domestic gas appliances. B.A.P Maintenance Ltd is a professional provider of maintenance, installation, servicing, repair solutions for all of your commercial and industrial gas requirements.
Domestic & Commercial Gas Certificates
The Gas Safety Certificate is an important document which approves the gas system in your property is safely & legally installed and meets the Gas Safe requirements. The law imposes that you must have your gas installation checked every year only by a Gas Safety registered engineer.
Call now on +44 (0)20 8450 6268
Boiler Emergency Service
Our DOMESTIC & COMMERCIAL – Boiler – Plumbing & Heating gservice is available 24/7 and we can provide you with emergency engineers within one hour covering the whole of the Greater London.
Call now on +44 (0)20 8450 6268 or 07870 976 301
When you need an engineer to carry out any gas related work with your heating installation, look no further than B.A.P Maintenance Ltd. We offer a reliable, experienced and fully qualified heating service for all domestic, commercial and industrial properties
We are trained and qualified to maintain all types, makes, models and sizes Domestic & Commercial air conditioners, ventilation plants, refrigeration, commercial fridges and cold rooms.
B.A.P Maintenance Ltd provide a wide range of plumbing works across the whole Greater London area. It does not matter if it is a basic pipe work installation or a full bathroom installation, we are able to provide you with a professional service at competitive prices.
RefrigerationRefrigeration systems encompass a wide range of functions and types, from regular freezers, chillers and ice machines to large cold rooms, walk in fridges and walk in freezers. We can delivery, install, maintain your refrigeration system.
We invite you to visit our Qstore24
Air Conditioning, Ventilation, Refrigeration Online Shop. Buy Online Air Coditioning Systems, Best Price Deals in UK.